Monday, August 8, 2011

Fruit Salad


Fruit is a healthy food and recognized as a wholesome meal.Many eat fruits for breakfast or as a dessert after a meal.When my favourite fruits are in season I love to make fruit salad .At other times I use whatever fruits I have in my refrigerater.In my Home country  fruit salad is n’t complete without fruits like papaya,bananas pine apple and mangoes.The fruits you choose to make the salad should be fresh and  perfectly ripe. Most fruits are available throughout the year. Apples,grapes and pears also make mouthwatering fruit salads.The dressing for the fruit salad is a syrup made with sugar and water. The perfect touch  is to chill the salad well before serving. Children enjoy fruit salad with  a scoop of ice cream.


Mixed fruit Salad

2 oranges
2 mangoes
2 bananas
A small pine apple
For the dressing
½ lb sugar
¼ water

Method –
Clean and cut the fruits into small pieces.Mix it lightly in a salad bowl.Set aside in the refrigerator to chill. In the meantime, prepare the dressing. Boil the sugar and water until they turn into a syrup. Allow it to cool. Pour over the chilled fruits and enjoy.





2 comments:

  1. I am not so fond of fruit salad, but with that scoop of ice cream, it becomes more interesting :-) I'll try this and I'm sure my kids will love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! now am craving for apple and grapes. like Pearl am also trying to instill my child to eat fruits. these are certainly good for her health.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, please