Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Go Bananas With Fritters!

I love making Fritters with fruits.It is usually composed of some fruits mixed in some batter and deep fried.My children love to eat banana fritters.And whenever I have over ripened bananas, I make my children this special treat.


Banana Fritters

3 over-ripened bananas
1/4 lb flour
A pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon bi-carbonate soda
2 tablespoon water
Oil for frying

Peel the bananas and mash into a pulp.Add to this, the flour, salt,water and the bicarbonate soda and mix well into a batter.Let it stand for about 15 minutes before using.

Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into hot oil.Fry until golden brown.Serve with jaggery* syrup or dust with powdered sugar.

The main ingredient here is Jaggery.A naturally sweetened hard substance made from cane juice or palm sap.This jaggery is made into a syrup by adding water and boiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, please