Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baking Vegetables.


I love trying vegetables cooked in different modes.And my daughters are happiest,when I bake and caramalize the vegetables.When I bake them they relish the veggies so much that there wouldn't be anything remaining for the next day.
Vegetables like carrots,cauliflower,broccoli,zucchini,onions and tomatoes work well with this dish.


In a pan, I heated 2-3 tablespoon of oil,and added 1-2 teaspoon of ginger/garlic paste.When it was cooking for a minute ,I transfered all the washed and cut veggies into the pan.I also added a teaspoon each of some spices like curry powder,tumeric powder and chilly flakes .Next 3-4 tablespoon of tomato paste was mixed into the veggies that were being sauteed.Add 1/2 cup water and salt according to taste.Cook for a further 2-3 minutes remove from heat.


Transfer the sauteed vegetables into a baking dish.Drizzle a bit of olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes.Remove from the oven when the veggies begin to caramalize .


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, please