Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baked Vegetables In Coconut Milk

It was  nearly lunch time and I was bored stiff  cooking the vegetables in the same mode.More over my vegetarian daughter preferred to eat her veggies baked rather than in the usual way  I cook.So I decided to do some baking and surprise my daughter when she came home from school.I rummaged through the refrigerator for some of her favourite veggies,fortunately I had some.


 All I needed to prepare this dish was  some vegetables like   zucchini,cauliflower florets , onions,green chiily/red chilly.To this I added some spices like : a little less than a teaspoon each of ,red chilly powder,turmeric and curry powder.And then added salt according to taste.I drizzled a bit of olive oil, about a tablespoon and placed the tray into an hot oven.
After about 15-20 minutes I removed from the oven and added some garlic paste and squeezed into it the juice of half a lemon .Mixed it gently and  put it back into the oven for about 5 minutes.Finally I added half a cup of coconut milk and a little more salt and let it simmer in the oven for a further five minutes .


It was still sizzling in the oven when my children returned from school.The aroma was irresistible  and I wasn't  surprised when they all said they were  hungry. 


This prepared  dish consists of 
3 zucchini
florets of a medium cauliflower
2 large onions cut coarsely
4-5 green/red chillies
Spices: chillie powder,turmeric powder, curry powder
salt
garlic
lemon juice


Enjoy making this dish with your favourite vegetables.Give it a try!
Tip: Steaming white rice makes a good accompaniment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, please