Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fruits With Condensed Milk


The fruits we had bought from the market the other day were not sweet and juicy at all.They were just idling in the bowl.Back in my home town ,when they are not sweet to the palate,we drizzle dashes of pepper and salt and eat them as 'acharu' - a sinhalese term for pickle.But I knew it would definitely go to waste if I tried to make a bowl of acharu with these fruits.The only  alternative was to make a fruit salad and sweeten it with condensed milk.And that's what I did last evening.I just couldn't believe .The children  enjoyed it.I cut a few mandarin,apples,pears,bananas and grapes.I coated the fruits well with a tablespoon each of lemon juice and sugar.And kept it in the freezer for half an hour and served it with sweetened condensed milk. 


                                            A variety of fruits could be used in a fruit salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, please