Friday, October 14, 2011

Deviled Shrimps

This is my favourite seafood.I love it when it is cooked with  onions and chilly.Usually I get them cleaned at the market where we purchase.This time I had to do all the deveining and cleaning  all by myself.I cut both ends of the shrimps and applied a tablespoon of turmeric powder on the fresh shrimps and washed them well.I trimmed both the ends of the shrimps  as my children find it  appetizing  without them.

                                                           - A kilo of Shrimps-
In a little oil,I fried a few cloves of crushed garlic and ginger.Then I sauteed the shrimps.While still cooking,I mixed in a teaspoon of cummin seeds and  2-3 teaspoons of chilly powder and continued cooking till it changed colour.Then I added  a tablespoon of tomato paste,salt to taste and the juice of one lemon.


While it was still sizzling in the pan ,I threw in a few sliced green bell peppers ,a sliced onion and one chopped tomato.Finally I drizzled dashes of soya sauce and let it simmer for a while.


 This is a meal in a jiffy.You can serve it with rice,toast bread or chappatis: flat bread. 

                                                          Bon Appetit! My Friends...


Ps..Click on pictures to enlarge

Hearth and Soul Blog Hop
Hearth & Soul Hop

2 comments:

  1. Those actually sound pretty good, I'll put shrimp on my list and try these next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a warming and delicious dish! Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, please